About the recipe
What could be better than a brunch dish of egg fried rice If I am cooking rice, I will always think one step ahead and make more so that I have plenty of rice leftover the next day to make my special fried rice. Actually this is a great way to use up any leftover vegetables or meat. The trick is to scramble some eggs into very small pieces using a pair of chopsticks as it cooks in the wok into small stringy layers, and then incorporate the rice and the other ingredients so that you can fluffy pieces of egg in the rice - that is how I like my fried rice.
Vegetable oil -
2 cloves, chopped
1 tbsp, peeled and grated
Spring onion -
150g / 0.33 lb small raw, shelled and deveined
Red pepper -
50g / 0.11 lb, diced
Garden peas -
50g / 0.11 lb, boiled and drained
2, lightly scrambled
Jasmine rice -
400g / 0.88 lb steamed, cooled
Low sodium light soy sauce -
Oyster sauce -
Ground white or black pepper -
Sesame oil -
- Heat a wok over high heat and add in the vegetable oil.
- Add in the garlic, ginger and spring onion. Stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add in the prawns and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the green peas, diced red pepper and scrambled eggs and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice, mixing well, stir-frying well for 1 minute.
- Add in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, ground black pepper and sesame oil and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Serve at once.