About the recipe
This dish is so tasty and easy to cook. The flavours are spicy, sweet, garlicky and fragrant - the trick is to use a generous amount of herbs to add pungency and a fresh aroma.
Low sodium light soy sauce
For the prawns
1 small, finely sliced
6 large cloves, chopped
3 medium, chopped
3 cm, chopped
Fresh raw tiger prawn
300g / 0.66 lb, de-veined and shells removed
200ml / 0.84 cup
1 tbsp strained
4 tbsp, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce and leave on one side.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan, and add the vegetable oil. Toss in the onions, garlic, ginger and chillies, and stir fry for about 30 seconds, until the chillies have darkened.
- Add the prawns and continue frying for about 3-4 minutes - until they turn pink.
- Stir in the sauce, bring to a simmer and pour in the boiling water.
- Sharpen with the lime juice and add the spring onion and chopped coriander. Serve straight away with boiled rice.