About the recipe
Easy Chinese Home Cooked Dish.
For the stir-fry
2 small cloves, smashed, peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 inch piece of fresh root, peeled and sliced into matchstick pieces
Birds eye chilli
1 small, sliced
350g, Chinese Broccoli, washed
1 tablespoon, or peanut oil
Shaosing rice wine
Dofu Ru sauce
Dofu Ru [Fermented soybean curd]
- Heat a wok over high heat until smoking, then add the groundnut oil.
- Then add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Stir-fry for a few seconds.
- Add the Gan Lan leaves to the wok and stir-fry for a minute, tossing it in the wok.
- Add a few tablespoons of water on the outer edges of the wok to help create some steam to cook the Gai Lan. Season with Shaosing rice wine and cook tossing and stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Then add the Dofu Ru soybean sauce from the jar and a cube of Dofu Ru. Keep stirring until all the leaves have wilted cooking for less than a minute. Give it a final toss and then serve immediately.